Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Book Charity Auction and Fab Store!

"To Hold Dearly"

This is the piece that I donated to the "First Book" Charity Auction. I use a 12x24 piece of birch wood. Wood burn the figures, paint with acrylics, scrapbook papers for the background with stamps, etc. I added modeling paste around the edges to create the swirls.








NOW, I have to share about a fabulous store!


We recently visited London, then took a wonderful Scandinavian cruise...

Check out this bag!

Doesn't it just ROCK?!?!? I love it! You can get one from http://www.photo-canvas.com/
It's called a Graffiti bag and YOU can have what you want printed on it! I selected London, Buckingham Palace and Tower Bridge to honor our recent visit, and when the bag arrived, I was thrilled! It was MORE then I expected! It's got lovely handles, pockets, little metal feet on the bottom.... You should check out their website... They've got some AWESOME products... Just had to show off my new stuff. Don't we all love our stuff? :)

13 comments:

friedaquilter said...

To Hold Dearly is a beautiful piece, Caryl, it must have been hard to part with it.
And of course I love the bag, what a great reminder of your trip!

apinkdreamer said...

hi! your painting is fantastic!!! í would be thrilled if YOU printed your wonderful paintings on bags!!!i would surely buy a lot!!!!

Gloria said...

Caryl, oh I am definitely going to check out that website. I think it's great that you donated your book to the Charity Auction. I love the purse. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

NatashaMay said...

This is a beautiful piece! So nice of you to donate it.

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Caryl
your piece is just gorgeous! I love the color of their hair...soooo pretty! I love the bag also and it sounds like you had a wonderful time on your trip!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Caryl:)

Greetings and good wishes:)

Lovely painting. I hope it gets a good price at the auction. You are very kind to invest your time,money effort for a good cause. It is a select few people like you who make this world a better place to live in.

Your bag selection is wonderful. It is an excellent bag and you can be truly proud of it.

Have a nice day Caryl:)
Joseph

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

What a lovely painting - and such a nice organization to donate to!

Love your bag ... how clever of you to get a souvenir you can have around all the time as a reminder of your time!

Gaby Bee said...

Your painting is fantastic. Love the bag also! Have a wonderful week!
Gaby xo

PaulasParadise said...

Your art is gorgeous and I love, love, love your blog! I'm a fellow ARTchix fan and wanted to let you know I received your beautiful "I Love Quiet Moments" twinchie in the swap (which was a while ago, but I bop back and forth between Florida and The Bahamas, so am just finding it in my snail mail!). It's wonderful and I'll treasure it -- and will check back here often -- that bag is just fab!

Art swap smiles,
Paula
www.paulasparadise.wordpress.com

Diane said...

Hi Caryl--so glad I found your wonderful blog--love your art!!

Holly Loves Art said...

Your artwork is just absolutely gorgeous. You are SO very talented. :) Andt the bag... yes it's quite cool!
Cheers,
Holly

Darlan said...

Olá caryl's Realm...Sou do Brazil e gostei muito do teu blog ^^...Te segui de cara,Por favor entra no meu e deixa comentários...

http://darlansentimentalista.blogspot.com/

Darlan said...

Caryl's Realm Hello ... I'm from Brazil and I really liked your blog ^^... You follow right away, please enter the mine and leave comments ...

http://darlansentimentalista.blogspot.com/